Health and Safety News

Occupational health and safety news and guidance

Blog posts : "carbon monoxide"

Walsall landlord prosecuted for putting tenants at risk

A Walsall landlord has been sentenced for failing to provide a gas safety certificate.

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) prosecuted Khalid Hussain following a complaint from a tenant and her partner, who rent a house at Raleigh Street, Walsall from him.

Walsall  Magistrates’ Court heard that…

Read more

Illegal gas fitter receives two-year prison sentence

An Accrington man who falsely claimed he was a registered gas engineer has been sent to prison for two years for endangering people's lives at two properties in Lancashire, including a baby boy.

Stephen Jonathan was prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) for committing a total of six…

Read more

Bexleyheath restaurant owner sentenced for carbon monoxide death

The owner of a fried chicken restaurant has been sentenced for an accident in March 2009 in which a 16-year-old girl died from carbon monoxide poisoning in a store room in the restaurant.

The girl and a 19-year old male had permission to stay in the room after the restaurant closed but a cylinder he…

Read more

Glasgow landlord fined for illegal gas work

Mohammed Aslam allowed his tenants to live with dangerous gas appliances and carried out gas work in a house and flat he owned despite not being legally qualified to do so.

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) reports that their investigation found the landlord illegally installed a boiler at a ho…

Read more

London construction company fined for carbon monoxide death

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) reports that a London construction company and a security company manager have been fined after a security guard died from carbon monoxide poisoning while at a work.

A petrol-powered electricity generator had been provided by Precis Holdings Ltd to power a port…

Read more

Workers poisoned in carbon monoxide release

Three Sheffield workers were almost overcome by fumes when an asbestos decontamination unit (DCU) began to fill with deadly carbon monoxide. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) told Huddersfield Magistrates' court, the first two workers passed through the unit successfully but the next three men w…

Read more

Health and Safety News - 11 October 2010

Lancashire couple in court after repeated injuries

A Lancashire couple has been prosecuted after an employee was seriously injured twice in less than two months at a pine furniture workshop in Bacup.

Restoration firm fined after wall collapse

A Wiltshire construction company has been prosec…

Read more

7 Blog Posts